Echinacea is best known for its' immune enhancing ability. Echinacea is a very popular American wildflower and garden plant, the purple coneflower. It's also one of America's most popular herbal products, also used to prevent and treat the common cold, influenza and infections. Echinacea is the best known and one of the most researched of immunostimulants.
Echinacea was among the most popular herbs used by Native American Indians. At least 14 tribes used Echinacea for a coughs, colds, sore throats, infections, toothaches, inflammations, tonsillitis, and snake bites, among other uses.
Echinacea has an excellent safety record. After hundreds of years of use, no toxicity or side-effects have been reported except rare allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. The purple coneflower is a truly American contribution to world health care through herbs. This safe and effective immune stimulant was discovered and first used by the Native Americans and is now a major medicinal plant used throughout Europe and the U.S.
Function of Echinacea
1. Used to stimulate the immune system,enhancing immunity,preventing influenza.
2. Treat arthritis or skin dieases,promoting wound repair,relieving toothache and pain of scald.
3. With the function of anti-virus,anti-fungi,anti-tumor,anti-bacterial,anti-infections and anti-cancer.
4. Echinacea extract have antiviral effect.
Applications of Echinacea
1. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used in preventing cancer, such as breast, prostate cancer and colon cancer.
2. Applied in health product field, it is mainly used in improving osteoporosis and womens menopauses symptom.
3. As an immune modulator,it is widely used in the field of cosmetics.
4. As food additives, it is widely used in food industry.
The species of Echinacea
Echinacea angustifolia – Narrow-leaf Coneflower.
Echinacea atrorubens – Topeka Purple Coneflower.
Echinacea laevigata – Smooth Coneflower, Smooth Purple Coneflower.
Echinacea pallida – Pale Purple Coneflower.
Echinacea paradoxa – Yellow Coneflower, Bush's Purple Coneflower.
Echinacea purpurea – Purple Coneflower, Eastern Purple Coneflower.
Echinacea sanguinea – Sanguine purple Coneflower.
Echinacea simulata – Wavyleaf Purple Coneflower.
Echinacea tennesseensis – Tennessee Coneflower.
Contact Person: Ms. Iris Xu
Tel: +86 17791805739